Friday, January 22, 2010

God is Good

As the day of surgery approached, I have to admit that I was wondering what devotional from the 30 Days of Praise would fall on that day.  So many of them had been just what I needed for a particular day so I couldn't wait to read it.  The title was God is Good.  Ok, so I thought maybe "God is in Control" or "God is With You" might have been more appropriate for the day, so that is what I chose to focus on.  According to the doctor, the surgery went well.  She was very pleased and the margins are clear.  It was just what we needed to hear!  We felt a real peace all throughout the day knowing that God is control and that Aaron was being lifted up in prayer by so many.  As I sent out an email update late in the day I ended it with "God is good".  At the moment, I didn't even think about that.  It was what was in my heart.  But then a light bulb went off and I realized that was our devotional that morning.  I went back and read it again.  "God's purposes for out lives are rooted in His goodness."  It's a reminder to me that even when things don't go "my way", that I have a choice.  As pastor Doug said, "Our way to goodness, or His."  I hope I will always choose HIS.  

1 comment:

  1. Mary,
    What a great reminder. I have been praying for Aaron regulary but haven't been keeping up with your blog. It is amazing how God works in the midst of our stuff. God is good!
    luv you!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete