Saturday, January 9, 2010

What's Ahead?

So far I have journaled this journey from the beginning up until today. Aaron's surgery to remove the tumor is coming up on January 20th. They will be removing one of the four muscles in his quadricep. They say the other three muscles will compensate. Surgery will be followed by physical therapy. That will be followed by screening every 3 months for several years before they taper off. They want to follow him for 15 years.


We really don't know what's ahead. My reason for starting this journal was so I could go back and read of God's faithfulness in the past to remind me that He is going before us, guiding every step, working for our good. This month I am learning to praise Him IN the storm--a lesson for a lifetime. Since I have the privilege of proof reading the upcoming devotionals for the 30 Days of Praise, I can tell you that I have already found new insight on how to do just that. I won't spill the beans, however, for those of you who are participating. It's not too late to join the movement! Just click on the 30 Days of Praise link to the left.


I am eternally grateful (literally) for that time many years ago as a young girl when I decided to trust Jesus with my heart and life. The most valuable lesson that I've learned along the way is that it's not about rules but a relationship. I didn't know then just how personal that relationship could be. I am so very confident of God's love for me, and for Aaron, and for you, too! What better person to trust your whole life to! If you would like to know more about how to have your own personal relationship with God, click on the Green Valley Church link to the left. Then click on Resources, and then Get to Know God. (And be sure and leave a comment so I will know that you, too, have started on this wonderful journey!)

No comments:

Post a Comment